Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Night Out in Idar

A few weeks ago Jenny and I went out to a friend's family bar, called SIMPLYtheBEST, in Idar (a town about 20 minutes from Baumholder). The mom of one of the other ladies from our company owns the bar and she works there on the weekends- Melanie. We ended up having a great time and enjoying some amazingly delicious Italian food.

Melanie recommended we order some food from a little Italian place nearby for dinner- we totally did not regret it! 

We each ordered some pizza rolls; mine were Hawaiian
-pineapple with some amazing cheeses-

Tina Turner and Jenny- Twins much?
Most of the night we played darts and talked. I loved their bar- great size, good music, LOTS of windows (which is great for a European Bar where a lot of people smoke), and yummy drinks. 



While playing darts I realized I suck. They both won games. Me- nada. So sad I didn't get to hold the amazing trophy. :)




 


After the three games, with no Ruwe wins-no surprise since I have zero luck & aim- it was time for some shots and visiting. I love having friends that you can have in depth discussions with. Her mom even came over and sat to chat with us; she's such a sweetheart!



All in all it was a lot of fun and I know we'll go back! Rob will love to go there once they're home.

No comments:

Post a Comment