Sunday, March 22, 2015

Yay Rob's Home!

After 266 days (a 9 month deployment), Rob came home yesterday evening. I am BEYOND STOKED to have him back home and can't wait for what's in store!

We knew for a few days when they would be coming home, and after a few delays they were set to come in late Saturday afternoon. Four of us wives went to the gym, where the ceremony was going to be held, and decorated a bit before. We hung up signs we had made a few weeks prior and put out some balloons.




After we decorated, we all went home to get ready and wait until the next phone call came in saying their plane had landed. I had homework and last minute cleaning to do but there was just no way I was able to get anything done! I was too excited and nervous to focus. So, I watched some TV and slowly started getting ready.


After all the debate I loved the red lipstick. I bought a
matte one from NARS and it didn't come off on him. Plus, I feel like I totally
pulled off the color. Ow owww!

They landed around 4 and we got another follow-up call when they were finally headed to see us! We all got to the gym and sat and waited for the ceremony to start and I was SO EXCITED. Luckily I remembered to snag a few photos still.







Here are a few of the gym set up-




Once they announced the guys and they walked in we all cheered and clapped of course. The ceremony was very brief - thank god - and one of the children from the unit dismissed everyone.




Here is a link to a video that was taken of several of the reunions that took place. Hopefully the link works! You can see us in the middle of it. I'm carrying my white blazer and have on red heels.

And, since I was too excited and totally forgot to get a picture of us at the ceremony, we got one after we got to the car and I actually remembered!

first of many more to come :)
Then, once we got home, I had to video the dogs seeing him of course! It was so stinking adorable! They totally knew who he was and both went crazy for him! Such cuties. Also, don't mind my horrid commentary.


After we got home and settled in and he unpacked a bit, we went out to Sembach to care for my coworkers pet that I'm sitting, ate dinner, and went to bed pretty early. It was a long day for him and he was super tired. All in all BEST DAY OF 2015 yet! 

So happy our family is whole again <3

No comments:

Post a Comment