Sunday, July 12, 2015

America!

So last weekend was the 4th of July. In case you forgot. 

In order to celebrate we got together with some guys from the barracks & other couples from the company for a BBQ. There was SO much food, lots of drinks, and lots of sunshine (which of course led to Rob and I getting sunburned -_-)

oh why didn't I sunscreen.
After the BBQ we all loaded up a cooler with fest-fun necessities and headed down to the little festival happening on post. But, only naturally, the getting-everyone-to-the-festival and cleaning up the BBQ goodies took forever. Intoxicated people get distracted easily and move slowly. I played mother hen to make sure the mess wasn't left because I was sober and smart for the day :)

Franklin on the other hand... lol
Our walk over to the festival was flat and short *bonus* and we had a good group of people that we went with.

P.S. don't mind me with the blue t-shirt on my shoulders in like every photo. It was Rob's and, after getting it wet in various coolers full of ice cold water, I realized it felt awesome on my sunburned shoulders and blocked my skin from continuously getting burned at the festival. #winning

I finally managed to start taking photos at the end of said
BBQing on our walk to the festival.

 

Organizations and FRGs all sold goodies and fundraised
These were the funnel cake makers!
They had a long menu to pick from!
For our small post a lot of people came
my super awesome cherry funnel cake - so delicious!



Lots of the guys ended up getting their faces painted. It was free and, well, why not.



We ran into some other people there from the company and the group grew. Pretty sure our group was the most fun at the festival.




Rob and Adam loved showing off their purses. :)
Rob carried mine because the strap was killing my sunburned shoulders
He's so nice! lol
more face painted faces!

two lovely ladies twinning in their free "Military Brat" t-shirts
As one of the types of entertainment there was a U2 cover band that performed and they also had a "Rheinland-Pfalz Idol" contest.


Pekarski's shirt. I found it funny.
One of the guys really wanted to show off his shorts.
He was jelly because I wanted to take a picture of Pekarski's shirt.

oh and we all ended up getting randomly sprayed with Ronas' water spray bottle
(which felt amazing with the heat) and it eventually escalated to full scale
water dumping on one another.


man dancing + Megan

Megan was kicked out for making it weird.
And then the saga continued on.
Then when the band performed a bunch of the guys headed over to watch. I missed out on this part and am bummed I did. Apparently the band loved the EOD guys and when I heard him mention them on the microphone I knew I had to run over and see what was going on. Apparently I missed Franklin being on stage even! - like I said, major bummer. But I did manage to snag this gem-

photo with the band!
 I also ran into a girlfriend there, Joelle, with her amazingly adorable lil man Mayze!

I mean look at his face. How is he not the cutest guy ever?!
I'm pretty sure he was over me trying to get pictures of him.
Pretty sure Rob has bratwurst in his mouth here BUT I still think it's a good picture!

because Spiderman.
More of the painted faces!

And then there was that time that Pekarski decided to ride Rusher
around the festival. Only natural.

Megan dumped her cup of ice water on Ronas.
He was the one spraying everyone with the water bottle
(which mainly everyone appreciated!)
He was a bit caught off guard you could say.




It was a great day and I loved our way of celebrating. Everyone had a great time and I only suffered from being burnt for about 3 days. Still peeling, but the worst is over. Hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment