Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bad Durkheim Wine Fest 2015

Yesterday we went to Bad Durkheim for the wurstmarkt and wine fest. This was the 599th year for this festival. There were over 300+ kinds of wine to choose from, an endless variety of foods, lots of rides/games, and lots of booths to shop at. I had a blast when I went last year and knew Rob was going to love it this year. It is the largest wine festival in the world and I will GREATLY miss it when we're back in the states :( It's like Oktoberfest for wine.

When we first arrived it was before 11am and lots of the booths hadn't opened up yet. We wandered around and looked at some of the booths and things wasting time till it was wine-thirty.

Rob and I got one of these like caramel/chocolate covered pastry ball things. It almost tasted like a crisper doughnut batter? Super delicious.

we got one of the ones here on the left end.


After some wandering we all grouped back together to stop at our first wine tent. A nice halbtrocken to start the morning was what I wanted. (Thats a "half dry")








Then we wandered more, found some more yummy foods, and another wine tent to sit down and relax in. Time for my first (and only) .5L glass.



we attempted to keep this glass but, sadly, it was broken in my book bag
by the time we got home from the festival.








but instead we kept these two glasses!

Rob, Megan, Adam, and I ended up riding this ride (the one at the end). It was lots of fun! I love rides and roller coasters so I'm always happen when I get to ride them at the fests.


Rob punched stuff and hit hammers on things and won me a
fake rose :)
yay for riding rides!
All in all it was a fun day. We were there about 11am-7pm. I got lost a few times attempting to find an ATM (which wasn't lucrative as it was out of money :/). But it was fun. We might even go again this coming Saturday. Probably in a smaller group (since sometimes have 10-15 people gets overwhelming) but who knows. Yay for another productive weekend in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment